Redirect my cPanel website to HTTPS
After your SSL certficate is installed on your hosting account, there are some modifications you’ll need to make to your
.htaccess file. Adding a few lines to your
.htaccess file will automatically redirect your visitors to the HTTPS version of your website.
Note: These instructions do not apply to WordPress installed on cPanel. For more information, see Redirect my WordPress website to HTTPS for cPanel hosting
- Log in to your GoDaddy account and open your product. (Need help opening your product?)
- Click File Manager . Once the file manager loads, click Settings .
- Make sure that Show Hidden Files (dotfiles) is checked, and click Save .
- Click on public_html , and open your
.htaccessif you already have one. If not, click File+ , name the file
.htaccessand click Create New File .
- Select the
.htaccessfile, and click Edit .
- If you just created your
.htaccessfile, use the following code to set up the URL redirect to the HTTPS version of your website:
- If your
.htaccessfile already exists in your hosting account, do not duplicate
ReWriteEngine On. Insert the lines that begin with
RewriteRuledirectly after the already existing
Required: You need to replace coolexample.com with your domain name for the sample code to work.
6. Click Save Changes and Close. That’s it!
Visit your website and you’ll automatically be re-directed to the HTTPS version.
We provide these instructions as a courtesy, but you may need to make other changes to get the redirect working if you already have a