Mitel Announces Mary T. McDowell as New President & CEO

Message from Rich McBee | October 7, 2019

Mitel Announces Mary T. McDowell as New President & CEO

Today, Mitel announced the appointment of Mary T. McDowell as its new president & chief executive officer. After much personal reflection, I have made the difficult decision to accept a new executive role and leave Mitel. It’s time to look ahead to the next chapter, both for me personally and the company, so I wanted to take a moment to thank you for your support and share a few parting thoughts.

Over the past eight years, Mitel has gone through our own strategic and digital transformation much like many of our customers. Our channel community has been instrumental in that process through your feedback, performance and continued partnership. The opportunities I have had to connect with many of you digitally or in person have truly been a pleasure and the insights I have gained from you are invaluable.

As I transition the reins to Mary, you can be assured that Mitel’s vision, mission and strategy remain unchanged. Our focus continues to be on providing a seamless path for every organization to move to the cloud solution of their choice, whether public, private or hybrid. It is business as usual at Mitel, which means our team remains intently focused on delivering the solutions, innovations, programs and support that ensure success for both our partners and customers.

Mitel is in great hands with Mary. She is a technology veteran and proven leader, with deep experience gained from executive roles at Compaq Computer, Hewlett Packard, Nokia, and most recently Polycom. She is deeply committed to delivering extraordinary results for both you and our customers.

I want to thank you personally for continuing to place your trust in Mitel and giving us the opportunity to earn your business. The future of business communications is bright and Mitel is a proven, steady and innovative partner that you can trust to build that future alongside you.

I wish you great success,
Rich