How to set default email address : cPanel 11 by HostCheetah.net
(cPanel >> Home >> Email >> Default Address)
This interface allows you to set up a default address (catch-all address) that receives any mail for an invalid email address for the domain. You can also define how the default address handles incoming messages.
If spammers target your domain and you forward mail to a default address, that address may receive a large amount of spam.
Set Default Address
To set a default address for your domain, perform the following steps:
- Select the domain for which you wish to set a default address from the Send all unrouted email for the following domain menu.
- Select one of the following options:
- Discard the email while your server processes it by SMTP time with an error message — Select this option to send an error message to the sender. Enter an error message in the Failure Message (seen by sender) text box.
- Forward to Email Address — Select this option to forward mail to another address. Enter the email address or your cPanel account’s username in the Forward to Email Address text box.
- Click Advanced Options to view the following additional options:
- Forward to your system account — Select this option to forward mail to the system account.
- Pipe to a Program — Select this option to forward messages to a program at the path that you define in the available text box.
For more information, read the Pipe to a Program section of our How to Configure Mail Filters documentation.
- Discard (Not Recommended) — Select this option to delete incoming messages and do not send a failure notice.
We do not recommend this option, because the sender will not know that the delivery failed.
4. Click Change .