Rebuild Index for Windows
For rebuilding the search index on Windows, you’ll have two possible solutions that you can use:
Solution 1: Using Programs and Features
- Start by launching the Control Panel. Just type “control” into the Windows search box and click on it from the results.
- Once the window opens, select Programs > Programs & Features.
- Scroll down and choose Microsoft 365.
- Select Change from the top menu.
- You’ll be able to choose from Quick Repair or Online Repair. If you don’t have an internet connection, you can go with Quick Repair.
- Wait until it’s done, and then restart your computer.
Solution 2: Using the Index Repair Menu Option in Outlook
- Open Outlook, then select File > Options > Search.
- Choose Indexing Options, then click Advanced. Keep in mind that this step may require administrator access.
- You should find the delete and rebuild index option in the window. Click Rebuild, then OK.
- Restart your computer once the rebuilding is done.
Click below for the entire blog post, including MAC solutions for Rebuilding the search index