Cursor jumping into body of email when I try to add recipient or subject in Gmail

This only happens in Chrome, which is the main browser I use, but every time I try to send an email I have to put the email address in the body of the email and copy/paste into the To box because the cursor won’t stay in To box long enough for me to type an email address. Have a challenge getting a subject typed out at well. If I have the Google chat function open, a lot of times what I’m typing will show up there.

This is ANNOYING as hell and wastes my time. I’ve seen that this was an issue previously all the way back to 2009. Can someone help me fix this?

Chosen Solution
You can try to disable hardware acceleration in Firefox.

Options/Preferences → Advanced → General → Browsing: “Use hardware acceleration when available”
You need to close and restart Firefox after toggling this setting.

You can check if there is an update for your graphics display driver and check for hardware acceleration related issues.

If it works in Safe Mode and in normal mode with all extensions (“3-bar” menu button or Tools → Add-ons → Extensions) disabled then try to find which extension is causing the problem by enabling one extension at a time until the problem reappears.

Close and restart Firefox after each change via *“3-bar” menu button → Exit (Power button)

Windows: File → Exit
Mac: Firefox → Quit Firefox
Linux: File → Quit