A half billion apps will be created. We need more software builders

Airtable’s new platform empowers teams to build exactly what they need, using flexible, powerful tools.

“The real computer revolution hasn’t happened yet.”

Those were the opening words of a presentation I used in 2012 to explain the idea that would become Airtable. We didn’t even have a name and computers were pretty much everywhere by then, so I’m lucky I wasn’t laughed out of the room.

But I still believe it. No matter how much technology has shaped our lives, the skills it takes to build software are still only available to a tiny fraction of people. When most of us face a problem that software can answer, we have to work around someone else’s idea of what the solution is. Imagine if more people had the tools to be software builders, not just software users.

To us, that’s the real computer revolution. And it’s why Airtable is entering its next chapter: a new platform where anyone – even without technical training – can create customized applications that perfectly fit their needs, build more interconnected teams and organizations, and benefit from a growing community of people who share what they create.

Teams at more than 200,000 organizations already use Airtable as the database powering everything from major film productions to the world’s biggest retail product launches. Now, with a platform that grows and extends based on customers’ unique needs, they’ll take part in what analysts expect to be the birth of 500 million new customized applications by 2023.

We’re thrilled to introduce the first of many features we’re developing. We look forward to your feedback, and we can’t wait to see what you build using Airtable.

Curated by Liquid Layer Networks

At Liquid Layer Web Hosting [LiquidLayer.net], we’ve made a shared web hosting platform that’s both feature-rich and easy to make use of. Our programmers have built up a custom Linux cloud web hosting platform plus an innovative Control Panel that perfectly takes advantage of its capabilities. After long hours of programming and bug fixing on our end, we are now capable to guarantee that all of our shared web hosting services are safe, virus-free, full of capabilities and very easy-to-work-with. In addition, they feature 99.9% server uptime as well as 99.9% network uptime warranties.