Is it possible to add a snippet of code within the head tag of my pages?
Some merchants may have special scripting that needs to be placed between the open and closing head tags of their site. For example, scripts like Google Translate and other 3rd party functions will provide a specific code that needs to be placed inside the head tags of the pages.
Fortunately, 3dcart makes this easy to do:
- Log into your 3dcart Online Store Manager
- Using the left hand navigation menu, go to Settings -> Design -> Themes & Styles
- Look towards the top right of the page and click on the “Edit Template (HTML)” button.
You will see a listing of the templates used by your store’s selected theme. Within the list of templates, you should see one labeled “frame.html”
- Click on the frame.html template to open it up in the Template Editor
- Within the HTML coding look for the closing head tag which will look like this:
- Place the Google Translate code immediately before the closing </head>
- Click “Save” at the top right of the page to commit your changes.
It’s usually best to add your 3rd party coding directly before the closing </head> tag to prevent it from interfering with existing 3dcart coding. Also, the code is easier to find should you need to revert.
Curated by Liquid Layer Networks
At Liquid Layer Web Hosting [LiquidLayer.net], we’ve made a shared web hosting platform that’s both feature-rich and easy to make use of. Our programmers have built up a custom Linux cloud web hosting platform plus an innovative Control Panel that perfectly takes advantage of its capabilities. After long hours of programming and bug fixing on our end, we are now capable to guarantee that all of our shared web hosting services are safe, virus-free, full of capabilities and very easy-to-work-with. In addition, they feature 99.9% server uptime as well as 99.9% network uptime warranties.
PC Helper | Est 1996 - Web Hosting | US, AU, UK, Finland, Bulgaria |