Amazon AWS requires two VPNs to their solution for access from the outside. In order to do so, 2 Route based VPNs will be needed. This article will guide you through the process of configuring this through the use of a new feature introduced in Sonic OS 184.108.40.206
In order to complete this task, you will need to create an Access Key for the SonicWall to interact with Amazon’s AWS infrastructure.
Access your Amazon AWS account at aws.amazon.com
After logging into your account, click your account name and then click My Security Credentials.
Click Continue to Security Credentials if prompted.
Expand the Access Keys Menu by clicking the + icon.
Click Create New Access Key and make note of the Access Key ID and Secret Access Key as these will be needed on the SonicWall
With this information obtained, you can now setup the connection on the SonicWall
- Navigate to the Manage Tab and click Network | AWS Configuration page.
- Input the Access Key ID and Secret Access Key. Apply the appropriate Region based on your content you want to access.
- Click test connection and confirm no errors appear:
- Access the VPN | AWS VPN page.
- Click Create VPN Connection . A pop-up appears:
- In the IP address field, type the WAN IP address of the SonicWall appliance.
NOTE: Domain names do not work. This does require the IP address.
- Verify the VPN changes to an available status.
- The VPN can now be seen from the VPN | Base Settings page.
Firewalls>SonicWall NSA Series
Firewalls>SonicWall SuperMassive 9000 Series
Was This Article Helpful?