Quickbooks Online: How to Change an Auto Added (Online Banking) Transaction from an Expense to a Transfer

https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/banking/re-can-i-change-things-on-a-reconciled-statement-how/01/365977#M18091

Quickbooks Online Change an Auto Added (Online Banking) Transaction from an Expense to a Transfer

anyRoseB

QuickBooks Team

‎09-01-2019 06:49 PM

Hi, @confused.

I’m glad you’ve reached out to the Community. Let me help share some details about updating bank account transactions in QuickBooks Online (QBO).

Did you manually create the expense transactions? If so, you’ll need to delete it and manually re-create the transactions as a transfer.

However, if this is online banking, you can Undo the accepted transactions to update the correct category.

To do this, please follow the steps below:

1. Go to Banking menu.
  2. Click Banking tab.
  3. Choose the bank.
  4. Select IN QUICKBOOKS and locate the bank transfer.
  5. Click the transaction and hit Undo .
  6. Once done, go to the For Review tab.
  7. Locate and click the transaction.
  8. Select Record Transfer , and choose the correct account.
  9. Click Record Transfer .

If you need further assistance with the steps, I encourage you to contact our QuickBooks Online Support Team. They have additional tools to pull up your account in a secure environment and do a remote session.

You can contact our customer support by following these steps:

1. Sign in to your QuickBooks Online company.
  2. Select Help (?) at the top right.
  3. Select Contact Us to connect with a live support agent.

For additional reference, you can check this article to learn more about the bank feeds transactions in QBO: Assign, categorize, edit, and add your downloaded banking transactions.

Please know that I’m just a post away if you have additional questions about updating bank category. Have a good one.

Curated by Liquid Layer Networks

At Liquid Layer Web Hosting [LiquidLayer.net], we’ve made a shared web hosting platform that’s both feature-rich and easy to make use of. Our programmers have built up a custom Linux cloud web hosting platform plus an innovative Control Panel that perfectly takes advantage of its capabilities. After long hours of programming and bug fixing on our end, we are now capable to guarantee that all of our shared web hosting services are safe, virus-free, full of capabilities and very easy-to-work-with. In addition, they feature 99.9% server uptime as well as 99.9% network uptime warranties.