How to Fix You Don't Currently Have Permission to Access This Folder Issue

When you can’t access files saved in a folder, try any one of the 3 fixes listed below to bring your files back:

Workable Solutions Step-by-step Troubleshooting
Fix 1. Change Ownership (Recommend) Right-click inaccessible folder > “Properties” > “Security” > “Advanced”…Full steps
Fix 2. Gain Access (Work in Rare Case) Right-click inaccessible folder > “Properties” > “Security” > “Edit”…Full steps
Fix 3. Use File Recovery Software (Data Loss/Deleted) Run a professional data recovery software > Scan folder > Recover files…Full steps

“You Don’t Currently Have Permission to Access This Folder” Error

“I’m having trouble accessing my files on my USB flash drive. Whenever I try to open the folder, it gives me an error message saying that ‘You don’t currently have permission to access this folder’. Is there any way to fix the issue? I need to view the files in that folder.”

You don't currently have permission to access this folder error

Quickly access the best solution to remove the folder access error:

Reasons for “You Don’t Currently Have Permission to Access This Folder”

While attempting to save a file in a folder or access a folder on a Windows 10 PC, you might get “You don’t currently have permission to access this folder, click Continue to permanently get access this folder” error. Several factors will lead to this error as listed below.

• Remove a user or group from “Group or user names” on the folder’s “Security” tab.
  • Application of an explicit “Deny” to the user or group.
  • The conflict between the share permissions and the New Technology File System (NTFS) permissions.